View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 03:11 AM   #1
falk1984

My Ride: E46 318i, E85 2.5i
Passenger Side Rear View Mirror Tilt not working

Hi guys,

I have a 2004 318i with memory seats and passenger side rear view mirror tilt function when in reverse (kerb view?). The mirror controls all work and I can manually select any position the mirror possibly allows. Lately, however, the tilt function goes haywire and when I reverse, the mirror tilts downwards to some angle, but not the the stored setting. Even worse, then I go forward (D - automatic transmission), the mirror goes down even more instead of the initially programmed position and stays there. To me it appears that the mirror does not store any mirror settings anymore or the calibration is off. I have already tried selecting a different seat memory, but to no avail...

Have you guys experienced the same symptoms? Is there an easy DIY fix, or even better, how can I deactivate the feature altogether?

Also, another thing to note is that the switch position on the mirror selector has no impact (drivers side / passenger side) - the mirror tilts downwards / upwards either way, no matter what the position, and worse - the tilt function cannot be deactivated by simply switching to passenger side The memory seat function works perfectly though...

Many thanks in advance!

Last edited by falk1984; 06-11-2012 at 03:17 AM.
falk1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.