View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 08:05 PM   #245
PEI330Ci
58mm of Bliss

My Ride: 330i, 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablorojo View Post
PEI330, you and I obviously have 2 different approaches to problem solving. And though we have the same hobby goals of creating a fast non-m BMW, we also have 2 different approachs on how to make our cars fast. To take it a step further, we have differing ideas on what parts will make a car fast. You have your way and you have hit your peak HP numbers based on your knowledge (as you do seem to be knowledgable about theses engines). But...you have not broken the 600rwhp on the M54 from what I have seen. With that in mind, you can give definately give your opinion and I welcome your insight on the issues and what you have experienced. My choosing not to follow your advise isnt personal, just my personal choice. Hopefully you can continue to be supportive and provide some valuable insight because everyone is welcome on my thread. But if the fact that I don't share your approach is offensive, then I apologize and understand you just wanting to wait to see where the build ends up.
I think you missed what I was getting at.

A turbo can flow 600whp of air at 0 PSI if no restriction is placed across the outlet. By using a sensor placed between the turbo outlet and the primary air filter, it is very possible you will not see enough positive pressure to activate the valve. If the signal source was plenum pressure, which would be highly influenced by mass flow through the SC, I think that could work.

As to what I have or have not done, I'm pretty open with it all. I get asked for help from a wide range of people starting at the inexperienced hobbiest, all the way up to professional race teams, and even on occasion, people working on post graduate studies. (Masters or Doctorates in Engineering) What I don't know myself, I usually have a contact I can ask that can point someone in the right direction. Sure people can have different approaches, but I find the science of this hobby a common absolute.
PEI330Ci is offline   Reply With Quote