View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 04:59 AM   #1
330Hero

My Ride: 330ci
330ci track/drift car engine prep.

Hi guys,

This is my current plan to get the engine to a place where it should hopefully be happy to take some abuse - any comments and suggestions most welcome

1. Weld Oil pump nut - (have read the horror stories of pump sprocket bolts shearing off due to high RPMs so figured it worth doing!).
2. Baffled sump - ordered from VAC motorsports in the US, looks pretty good and should help keep oil moving when the car's at jaunty angles! (also got a new sump gasket)
3. Gauges - water temp, oil temp, oil pressure - will upgrade rad and add an oil cooler down the line depending on temps from these.

I checked the water temps with the OBC and water temps never went over 84C when giving it some stick last night so I believe the thermostat and water pump are good for now

'engines just done 97k, anything else I should think about doing? VANOS and DISA seem quiet but appreciate they may need doing down the line, not too big a deal though!

Chassis wise I just ordered coilovers, meyle wishbones and polybushes all round - should be fun!
330Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.