View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 01:12 PM   #3218
Greg@DetailedImage.com
Clean Shine Protect Expert

My Ride: is clean & protected
Quote:
Originally Posted by casdm9901 View Post
I have a question about the advantages/disadvantages of removing wax/polishes by orbital as opposed to doing it by hand. I would much prefer to do both steps by orbital to save time, but I don't want to do any damage and I'm not sure what pads to use to remove the wax/polish.

I'm sorry; I'm sure its been asked before in this thread but apparently I'm not very good at the search function because I can't seem to find it. Pointing me in the right direction would be much appreciated. Thanks!

I would highly recommend you do not remove any polish, sealant or way with a buffer/bonnet, etc. As the product cures or dries out it you don't want to work it back in to the surface you just treated. Doing this would potentially add more swirls back in to the surface. Additionally the bonnet or foam can only absorb just so much product before it becomes saturated. I personally never use or recommend or even sell bonnets because of how unsafe I feel they are. You are much better off hand removing the excess product with a clean microfiber towel (DI Microfiber All Purpose Towel). Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll be happy to help.

Greg @ DI

Last edited by Greg@DetailedImage.com; 06-15-2012 at 01:19 PM.
Greg@DetailedImage.com is offline   Reply With Quote