View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 08:14 PM   #202
TitaniumCranium
/// Limitless

My Ride: 2002 BMW 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervous View Post
Hey,
How to detach the connector box with X428 from the fuse holder? I already dropped down the glove box and lowered the fuse holder as low as possible, but I can't figure out how to detach the box with the X428...

NM, I figured it out: just push it off you, toward the front of the car.... In that 5 pol blue/yellow section I have exactly 1 spot I am going to use for this. Have you figured out which connector should be used? It is part #8, but this part has 3 different part numbers:
http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...=61&fg=15&hl=5
I think it is 61131387140 (for thinnest wire, 0.35-0.5mm2), but for some reasons it is the most expensive one ($1+; same plug but for thicker wire (61131387142) costs just several cents! Weird....).
I didn't see this till today, but yeah it's the .35-0.5mm2 wire. Nice how they charge more for the smaller wire although shipping is going to cost a lot more than the connector if you buy it online.

I haven't gotten to doing this yet because it just been so blasted cold and wet around here. It just finally started creeping into the 60's. It's warmer in Fairbanks right now.

/// MODS
/// Auto => 6-Spd Manual Conversion | Apex EC-7 | Koni/Ground Control Coilovers | Vorshlag Camber Plates | Meyle HD LCA | PowerFlex bushings | GruppeM rep CAI | Shark Injector | 6000k HID's and Fogs | BMW European MTechII | BMW Performance Shifter | ACS Mirrors and Rear Spoiler ///
TitaniumCranium is offline   Reply With Quote