Thread: Teenage Dream
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 01:34 AM   #32
My Ride: 2000 323ci
Finished installing all of my audio today and finished placing Dynamat on the driver side door and the door panels. I ended up using eight of the nine sheets of Dynamat. I'll try to find another spot to put the last sheet.

My Polk Audio speakers came with speaker adapters that matched the OEM speaker shape perfectly. For placing the speakers in the door panel without the speakers rubber touching I put in 4 nylon washers underneath and two chrome washers above the speaker adapter. I put some hot glue on the screw that are holding the speaker to the adapter so they don't vibrate and unscrew themselves even though I doubt they ever would.

All in all the speaker upgrade is great! I love it! Audio is so clear and crisp I can't get enough of it. Earlier today I placed my order for a "BSW Soundplicity BMW iPod / iPhone Integration Kit." So I should get that sometime next week.

I should be expecting my Style 5's to get on Friday! I am still on the hunt for a good paint shop around here that can paint the faces of the Style 5's. I plan on polishing the lips and bolts myself while the faces are off getting a fresh new coat of paint.

I can't decide if I want to go with a gold or silver finish. I'm leaning towards the silver, but let me know what you think!

(Some quick photo-shopping to get a rough idea.)

Last edited by NathanHeeney; 06-22-2012 at 01:16 AM.
NathanHeeney is offline   Reply With Quote