Thread: Teenage Dream
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 01:34 AM   #32
NathanHeeney

My Ride: 2000 323ci
Finished installing all of my audio today and finished placing Dynamat on the driver side door and the door panels. I ended up using eight of the nine sheets of Dynamat. I'll try to find another spot to put the last sheet.

IMG_2925

IMG_2916

IMG_2928

My Polk Audio speakers came with speaker adapters that matched the OEM speaker shape perfectly. For placing the speakers in the door panel without the speakers rubber touching I put in 4 nylon washers underneath and two chrome washers above the speaker adapter. I put some hot glue on the screw that are holding the speaker to the adapter so they don't vibrate and unscrew themselves even though I doubt they ever would.

IMG_2919

IMG_2918

All in all the speaker upgrade is great! I love it! Audio is so clear and crisp I can't get enough of it. Earlier today I placed my order for a "BSW Soundplicity BMW iPod / iPhone Integration Kit." So I should get that sometime next week.

I should be expecting my Style 5's to get on Friday! I am still on the hunt for a good paint shop around here that can paint the faces of the Style 5's. I plan on polishing the lips and bolts myself while the faces are off getting a fresh new coat of paint.

I can't decide if I want to go with a gold or silver finish. I'm leaning towards the silver, but let me know what you think!

(Some quick photo-shopping to get a rough idea.)

opt1

opt2

Last edited by NathanHeeney; 06-22-2012 at 01:16 AM.
NathanHeeney is offline   Reply With Quote