View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 01:12 PM   #7
scrace

My Ride: 03.5 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbro858 View Post
Cool. Thanks for the response.

I'm in no rush at all, I have a car that runs great and if I happen to find one I like I'll buy it. I'm really in love with the e46 M's... best body style in my opinion.
Yup, and it really does help to go see them in person, the pictures of the car I bought weren't very good. I went to see the car with just the intention of a test drive and ended up falling in love. It sounds silly but you'll know the second you drive it's the right car. (I drove 6 before this one).

This was only my second car purchase (I'm 23 and have been driving my 325ci for the last 6 years doing all the maintenance myself). I taught my self a lot about BMWs and screwed a lot of things up the first time on my 325, but then got it right the second time, parts a were much cheaper than for the 325, definitely a great learning experience. Without owning the 325 and doing all the work myself, there is no way I could afford this car other wise. I can afford all the maintenance parts but not the labor, hopefully I'll have as much fun with this car as my other (Still trying to talk my parents into letting me keep two cars...I've probably spent 100+ hours under that 325, it's hard to let go.

Sorry for my rambling, and good luck with your search, I found craigslist the best place to look for cars, usually people list them in hopes of a quick sale or because they are in financial difficulty and must sell the car.

2001 Topaz Blue 325Ci 64-120k miles SOLD
2003.5 Silver Gray M3 70k miles
scrace is offline   Reply With Quote