View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 07:15 PM   #17
kaboo0m

My Ride: 04 325xi
Send a message via AIM to kaboo0m
sure. I was planning to create a thread about it next week afterI meet up with my mechanic to overhaul my suspension one last time. But basically here is what I ordered:

Drop Hats from Supreme Power Parts (http://www.supremepowerparts.com/0/0...+Power+Parts): $80 per pair
OEM Low Profile Spring pads (p/n 33531136385) : $12 per pair
Stock XI Struts/Shocks (from various vendors): $600

My experience with drop hats is that they work very well and offer those who want a modest drop without compromising ANYTHING and I mean it because in no way do these affect spring rate, shock rebound/life.. I have had these drop hats on my e30 with stock IS suspension and it is perfect. It dropped the front in line with the rear so it looks even (as oppose to the front being high).

It only took me this long to figure it out for an XI because I didn't realize the OEM spring perches between an I or an XI were actually the same P/N. The e46 AWD and RWD chassis share many more components than their e30 counterparts ever did so that is to our benefit i guess...

In any event, I encourage all those interested to refrain from buying anything until I report back to you with the results. That way you won't blow money on my simple theories.

Last edited by kaboo0m; 06-26-2012 at 07:20 PM.
kaboo0m is offline   Reply With Quote