View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 07:16 PM   #57
Patton323I

My Ride: R1100GS E46 E53
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
Good post. This absolutely needs to be done. Anybody who disagrees, step up. There is no reason not to do this.

There should be a popup that asks a series of questions:

Have you JFOJ'd in the past 60,000 miles?

Have you replaced your entire cooling system in the past 60,000 miles?

Have you replaced your fuel pump, fuel pump relay, and fuel filter in the past 60,000 miles?

Have you replaced your voltage regulator, battery in the past 60,000 miles or five years?

If the person answers 'no,' a big slap machine reaches out of the computer screen and slaps the offensive person in their face. If the person answers 'yes,' proof must be submitted and approved by JFOJ. Then and only then can they deserve to proceed to the forums.

Anything short of doing any of the above and you might as well be wearing a shirt that says "I love to be stranded!" cause that's pretty much what you're wishing for when you don't maintain critical parts of your car.
What does JFOJ'd mean? I have replaced the cooling system My intake is AFE done about 3k ago. I didn't know the fuel pump was a PM item, but I did replace the filter at 110K. Same with the voltage regulator or that battery. I have 137k on the car now. So really what I want to know now is: what are ALL the PM items that need to be looked after, and when do I need to address them? And if there is a thread that addresses this question.