View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 01:14 PM   #22
johnrando

My Ride: '06 330 CIC ZHP
Some comments on a couple of different posts:

AFE: From what I've read, the AFE intake is a tough fit due to the xenons, so make sure you check that out.

My setup: I have the BMW Perf Intake, an AA tune, and a Sprint Booster. They all contribute small pieces as to how the car feels butt dyno but non of them is overwhelming. I like my AA tune but I don't think it's 15 hp gain. (Or maybe it is but you don't REALLY feel it). All three contribute to a better driving experience, throttle responsiveness. (Side note: power pulleys didn't seem to do anything for me).

@Jim - spot on with a modified 135. Friend has one and it absolutely blows away a 1M, over 400 HP... it's a beast!

STEP S/W: I'd love to get the STEP s/w but there really is no definitive answer on it, sounds like it's an incremental increase from what I've gather, just like the others. Eurocharged has a tune that also modifies the STEP... I would have gotten that one but I already had my AA tune. They (Dinan) just need to put that STEP s/w on sale as it's expensive. I've emailed Dinan asking about the STEP s/w with an AA tune and have never gotten a response.

ZHP, Cold Weather Pkg., Leather, Jet Black/Black/Black Cube, NAV
AA Tune, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf. Intake, UUC TSE3 Exhaust, Dinan STEP S/W & TB, TMS Pulleys, H&R Touring Cup Kit/Spacers
DICE Ipod, Parrot/Connects2 Bluetooth, StealthOne Valentine Module, Hardwired V1
BMW Perf. Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan delete

Last edited by johnrando; 06-28-2012 at 01:15 PM.
johnrando is online now   Reply With Quote