View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 02:30 AM   #1
MJLavelle

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330ci
Genuine Bosch O2 sensor for $42 - fits most models of e46

I wanted to pass this on to anyone who may want or need new O2 sensors for their e46.
I noticed that Amazon is once again stocking the Bosch 15109 (BMW P/N 11-78-1-742-050) Pre-Cat O2 Sensor for $42. This O2 sensor will fit all Non M models - 323i/Ci, 328i/Ci, 325Xi, 330Xi.
It will only fit 325i/Ci and 330i/Ci with build dates through 02/2003!
Amazon was stocking these up until last fall, for $30 each. I got 2 of the last 3 that they had, and after that, they were only available through Amazon vendors, at much higher prices.
There were some vendors that were selling counterfeit Chinese made versions, and there was a thread about this a few months ago.
The ones I purchased had the correct terminals and wire length for BMW (no Universal fit that had to be spliced). They came in Genuine Bosch packaging. I am assuming that this is what they are selling now. They are listed as an exact fit. You should receive one in correct, Bosch branded packaging. If, for some reason, you receive one in a plain white box, with the part number printed on it, send it back! It is most likely a Chinese counterfeit. If you buy the sensor in the link below, and receive something like this, please post that info, so others can avoid it.
Since it is fulfilled by Amazon, it should be a legitimate product. I already have mine, so I will not be ordering these. So, I can not be 100% sure that they are still selling the same product they sold last fall, although I have no reason to believe that these are not Genuine Bosch parts.
These are eligible for free 2 day shipping for Amazon Prime members. You can sign up for a free 30 day trial of Amazon Prime if you want free shipping, but remember to cancel it before the end of 30 days, or you will be charged for a full year (about $80). It is pretty easy to cancel it online, if you don't want to continue.
I ran a search through FuriousMethod (http://www.furiousmethod.com/), and the best price I found was one place that had it for $50 + shipping. I saw prices as high as $177. Rock Auto was actually selling an off-brand for $116.
If you are not sure, please verify that this is the correct part for your car at WWW.RealOEM.com/BMW/

http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-13477-Ox...ds=Bosch+15109
MJLavelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.