View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 05:03 PM   #38
alexxander.foster

My Ride: 2000 323i
Cool! More data is starting to line up. This is very promising news. Hopefully the actual application of this lines up with what we've been researching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraPhantm View Post
03/2003 is when they switched to the MS45.1 (in the US/Canada... ROW stayed with MS43 for the entire E46 production run), so that makes sense
Fantastic! I noticed that the SAP valve showed up on some searches for the 325, but I read that they discontinued the SJP valve on the MS43 so I was confused. That makes perfect sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraPhantm View Post
According to RealOEM, the M52TU cars and the M54 cars both use the same SJP valve though (until 03/2003 anyway).
Hey smooth1,

Thanks for pitching in, the help is much appreciated sifting through all this data!

I guess I'm not sure that there isnt a second pin on the MS42. I've triple checked all of the pins for both the MS42 and MS43. Everything matches up except for four things:
- throttle body
- accelerator pedal switch
- SJP
- secondary air pump valve

I'm going to do some more digging today to make sure, but I think that the SJP and the secondary air pump valve are the same thing. If thats correct then TerraPhantm and I were right to assume pin 3 need to be relocated to pin 52 for the MS43 swap -we just thought that the pins performed a different function.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smooth1 View Post
Edit: According to the MS42 datalogging protocol there's an output for the secondary air valve and the secondary air pump relay just like MS43. You sure there's not a second pin for it on the MS42?
No worries man, the only reason I have time for this is I'm procrastinating summer school homework -haha!

I haven't looked into p/n's for the 328 or 330 yet, but the 323 and 325 are all the same up to 03/2003. I posted a link to the a part comparison spreadsheet in post number 1 if you want to check it out. Do you need help looking up numbers for the 328/330?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
Sorry guys, I've been predisposed working doubles in the heat.

Am I correct in reading that all the engine sensors are the same between MS42 and MS43? I made it to logging all the p/ns for the 328.

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App
alexxander.foster is offline   Reply With Quote