View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 03:18 AM   #42
alexxander.foster

My Ride: 2000 323i
haha! My thoughts exactly! When I did a search the leak diagnosis pump came up on a few hits for emissions related trouble codes. I found the part number for the MS43 but came up empty handed for the MS42. Oh well.

I emailed bmw_chuzo a couple of days ago so as soon as he gets time to respond I'll ask him about the leak diagnosis pump.

So, we're pretty much done. Today I made some modifications to the module spreadsheets so that it includes the later versions of the MS43. The only difference is a heating element is added to the leak diagnosis pump. If you get a euro tune then you can hook up just about any MS43 you find and it *should* work.

Tomorrow I'm going to compare part numbers for the 328 and 330 engines. Once thats done then we're finished.

So... I'm a broke college student and cant afford to buy a DME & EWS right now... who wants to be the first gunny pig on this experiment???

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraPhantm View Post
^ Assuming everything else mates up, you could probably just grab the pump from a junkyard car.

Or maybe check in with someone who's done an MS42 to MS43 conversion... I have never seen the leak diagnosis pump mentioned. Ever.
alexxander.foster is offline   Reply With Quote