View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 05:16 PM   #9
HPF Chris
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 2002 M3, 2006 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder View Post
Hope to see pictures of these soon, specifically the sedan version.
Pictures will be coming soon. We just had our first team meeting on the hoods. The hood will be CNC'd shortly and after we update the designs I'll post up a few different rendered versions and let you guys give me feedback.

The style most of us like the best is for the center section recessed with a raised bevel right before the center. Then to have functional side vents on each side. The placement of these is really up for discussion as well.

We always want to show off our engines with our hood open. But nobody wants to have an UGLY hood underside with either resin or cut fiberglass sections that hold the hood together. The HPF hood will be two layers with the underside made of the same CRYSTAL CLEAR SHINY CARBON FIBER.

We won't be making a Sedan version at first. Once we sell through the Coupe version we can take a look at the demand for the Sedan.

Chris.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Cyrus
If I buy one of your hoods, will you un-delete my post that says MA Shaw makes a similar hood of great quality for almost $500 less?
I didn't delete your post. MA Shaw makes great parts. People can always find cheaper parts somewhere else and hoods are no exception. But you get what you pay for. We've installed a TON of hoods here at HPF. Our hood will be worth every penny of the price!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippinBimmer
I want ur HOOD!

-Trip
I can't wait to get this hood moving. I want our new hood on both HPF race cars.

Chris.

Last edited by HPF Chris; 07-03-2012 at 05:17 PM.