View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 07:45 PM   #1
grubby_baker

My Ride: 2005 325xi
Unhappy Vibration under acceleration

I'm at a loss to the point that I finally signed up for the forum. Sorry for this, since I know its been discussed to death, but I am not coming up with specific symptom and a solution to what I have.

Car is a 2005 325xi auto w/ 127k miles.
So, have a vibration under accelration, especially when you get on it. If you don't and baby it, its not very noticeable. It occurs in 2nd and 3rd gear around the 2000 rpm mark. Only under load/acceleration, not while at highway or neighborhood speed. Auto transmission that I recently changed the fluid and filter. Vibration was there before. Recently rebuilt the VANOS, too. I have already replaced the front driver side axle since the boot was cracked, likely contaiminated, and 99% of the forums say this is the culprit.

After replaceing the axle and both control arms, new inner ball joints, and control arm bushings, I'm still having the issue. Didn't replace the the passenger side since it looked fine; no grease loss or cracks or radial movement, just axial as its suppose to.

I visually checked and pulled around the rear axles to see if they were alright the last time I was under the rear of the car. But I can check again.

Thoughts? Transmission? Driveshaft? Rear axles? Am I missing something?
grubby_baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.