View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 06:59 PM   #31
Pixxy

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMxi View Post
Thanks. Yeah, I would be looking at paying on my car for about 2.5 to 3 more years, depending on how much additional money I pay beyond the minimum payment. And one of the benefits of doing this is my transition to self employment would be quicker, and should mean more free time (or at least flexibility) in my schedule, which would be good if I needed to do a repair. My biggest fear is having an issue on the e90 requiring a DIY or pro repair, while I'm also making the monthly payments. That's a lose-lose. So if I could find an e46 that would at least be as reliable over the next couple years, I'd be better off.

And as for the question about just getting a Honda Accord.....I'd just rather not.
Yup e90 probably wont be cheap to repair...more technology sometimes can lead to more headaches.

A clean well maintained e46 is probably the good bet then because 3 more years of $4200 a year plus maint and repair will add up. The e46 have solid 6 cylinder engines and good transmissions, plenty of parts suppliers and probably more experienced indy mechanics out there.
Pixxy is offline   Reply With Quote