View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 07:50 AM   #39
fiveightandten

My Ride: '03 330ci / '98 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptrcd003 View Post
Why are you assuming that he'd be buying a car that is beat to ****? What is with this assumption that this forum is the only place where people maintain BMWs and any BMW you buy has never been to a mechanic. Everyone I know who purchased an E46 already had almost all that stuff replaced by the previous owner. A car with worn out control arms and bushing won't even pass inspection for him to purchase it, so its unlikely that he'll need to replace them at purchase. Clutch and flywheel?
Why are *you* jumping own my throat without reading my post? I used the term worst case scenario multiple times in my post. The OP was specifically asking if the cost of maintenance of buying a $7-9K E46 would negate the savings of him getting rid of his car payment. I listed all of the common issues with a car in that price range so he could get a feel for what the worst case maintenance costs would be over long term ownership so he can make decisions for himself.

If you have a problem with that and don't agree with the information, post up a reply to him that you feel is more relevant. Giving me a hard time for providing information to the OP so he can think for himself? Slightly less productive.

Looking to buy a base E30 3'er coupe in or near CT. PM me if you're selling.
fiveightandten is offline   Reply With Quote