View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 10:24 AM   #1
SilverBullet99

My Ride: 323ci
Intermitent steering wheel shake

So I have no clue why, but sometimes I get a shake in my steering wheel as you would if your car needed to be aligned. It doesn't happen all the time...and is especially prevalent at slower speeds..under 60 mph. But again...it only happens sometimes.

I had the car aligned not all too long ago and although one of my summer wheels is slightly off..it's certainly not the cause of the shake as I would then feel it all the time.

I had my indy take a look when I changed my winter wheels out for the summer ones but everything under the car looked good. The wheels and tires were re-balanced when I mounted them too. No immediately identifiable suspension issues to be found.

Anybody have a clue as to what this might be or where to start my investigation? Really don't want to have to go to the stealer for this.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, your body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "Woo hoo! What a ride!"
SilverBullet99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.