View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 09:33 PM   #17
duboy

My Ride: M3, M5, 740i, X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkodama View Post
Street performance and legacy, the E30 M3 wins. For everything else, including respect, the 190E. Way better engineered and built car in every way despite being released 3 years before the M3.

If the 190E had electronic fuel injection instead of mechanical, it would have matched or beat the E30 M3 in power, and it sacrificed some handling, but in return it got a much more enjoyable interior, along with 2 extra Recaros seats in the rear and two rear doors. If you like modding, the 190E also has a lot more potential than the already maximized M3.
+1million to the fuel injection. There are certain things about the 190e that i wish were different, and could have been because the technology existed back then, they just didn't want to eff with it i guess. I DD a 190e 16v, and my e30M3 is in the garage. for DD duties/comfort/features, 190e hands down. But the FI system, stupid fuses (those ones with the exposed filaments), crazy vacuum system things (locks and hvac system), recirc ball steering, all seem out of date in comparison to the M3.

as an owner of both i'm liking the trend of people paying more attention to the Cossie, but the M3 is a way better drivers car.