View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 09:38 AM   #36
duboy

My Ride: M3, 325i, X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkodama View Post
-The passenger side mirror was made narrower and electric because reaching to the side of the car to make adjustments or to fold it in for a narrow european street is inconvenient. It is taller to aid with parallel parking. The passenger side is the "default" size essentially. This was also a bit of a styling statement by the designer, Bruno Sacco.

-Mercedes-Benz didn't bother making the driver's side electric since you really don't need it to be when it's right next to the steering wheel, as well as keeping cost, complexity, and weight down. After 1993 they changed this though.

-You can adjust the height of your antenna?

-I haven't fiddled with the shifter yet, but I bet it's pretty easy to work on shift feel. Lots of rubber isolators and flexible linkages that could be replaced with metal.
this is good info to know

yes, I have a switch on the dash to adjust the height of the power antenna, i'm about to bypass it though since the only hirschmann antenna i can get is the one for the later W201's that only goes up and down.

and yes...i have a full set of delrin shifter bushings at home, sometime very soon I will get it all apart. I'll let you know how it goes :-)