View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 12:38 AM   #1
kustomimports

My Ride: 330i
help with e46 325i key problem please bmw canada/germany sucks

So heres my story.. i recently decided to.go back to.a 2001 e46 325i bmw.. i looked around came across a bmw that had been impounded fdue to citybilaws and unpayed tickets. So after carfully looking.over the car and i was informed that there was.no key that came.with this.car. i called.bmw. now knowing that once the car is.in.my name i could order.a.key from bmw if needed.. I purchased the car.. so the car is in my name and i return to bmw to order a kay for the vehicle. they tell me that i cant order a key because bmw germany wont cut one.. they proceed to tell me that there has been 10 keys cut for this.car. there saying i have to replace the security module. which ia 800 + another 280 for them to program the key and this is just there cost of lauour.. + the actully coat of.the key.

now if this wasnt a 10 yrs old car and i was worried about loosing lots of money i could see there consirn. but this is what insurance is for. but honestly for a 10 yr old car that you can purchase for anywhere from 4 - 6k with lower k then what mine aparently has i sont see why there being stuborn about this key...

ive contacted.all owners that were on the registration paper and no one had a key cut for this.car. so im assuming bmw.is just trying to pull aome kind of a money grab thing.

ive looked.around.and.i can purchase a blank key with a virgin chip..

and find someone.to do the lazer key cut with the key code from bmw.will the car start.. and or.can i program the key fob myself?

aorry guys for all the ...............'s im using my android phone.and my fingers are fat lol

thanks for.any help in advance.

Last edited by kustomimports; 07-18-2012 at 12:40 AM.
kustomimports is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.