View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 11:22 AM   #24
HPF Chris
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 2002 M3, 2006 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhk79 View Post
No pics? A bit pointless...
We met with the company yesterday that is building our carbon fiber hoods. We have assembled a great team of minds to attack this project and will be bringing an amazing product to market. We are taking a "real" look at aeromdynamics of this hood and hope to improve downforce, improve flow through the engine area w/increased cooling, and reduce the pressure gradient that cause some of the aftermarket hoods to shake wildly at high speeds and want to blow off . We are also bringing forward a class "BMW" looking race design that I think will impress. It is similar to other hoods but takes everything one or two steps further. The underside will utilize carbon fiber as well so when you open your hood, it will look amazing underneath. The hood will NOT require hood pins to stay on the car. The hood will have reinforcements for the hinge and attachment areas and will not flex in those areas when opening and closing the hood. The hood will fit perfect every time and will be made here in the US.

I may raise the retail price of this hood over $1,995 once we release it. However... I will guarantee the group buy price of $1,650 to everyone that pre-orders. I will have pictures up next week so stay tuned.

Chris.