View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 09:26 PM   #1
nnacpil

My Ride: 2006 BMW M3
The Official Forced Induction Tire/Wheel Thread

I wanted to start a thread for fellow FI enthusiast to inform and educate them on wheel and tire setups. We all know that TRACTION is the biggest issue with FI cars, and we need to know what's worked and what hasn't to save us from wasting money on rubber. This will be a learning curve for me as well because I never owned a 400+ whp car, and would like to know what has worked for people with high powered cars.

Please decribe your experiences with tire brands, sizes, etc. along with wheel specs (offsets, widths, size). I would like to know more info on street tires since I DD my car, but feel free to talk about track tires as well.

I'm currently running staggered OEM 19s wrapped in Michelin Super Sports 245/35/19 and 275/30/19. I plan on buying Apex Arcs-8 18x9.5 et22/18x10 et25 or 10.5 et27. I'm not sure on rear wheel widths yet as I come to you guys for guidance. With this setup, I would like to run 255/35 fronts and 285/35 rears. Any input would be great!!

Tires that have been suggested toward my setup (street, DD, and works well in rain): Nitto NT05 and Bridgestone Potenza RE-11s.

Alright guys.. School me and others

2006 BMW lllM3 SilverGrayMetallic/Cinnamon/Apex Arc-8
llHPF/ProEFI Stage 2.25 w/6766
SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!
nnacpil is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.