View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 04:08 AM   #13
Bdave

My Ride: M3 HPF Stage 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbdarkwinter View Post
I have NT05's on the front, RE-11's on the back atm, likely will go all NT05's all around when these rears go, there just isn't enough difference that I can tell to make up for the cost. Still have the stock Dunlops on the GTR, they are good so far but very loud.
RE 11's have gotten too expensive. No sales. I like the Dunlop Star Specs a lot but they are no bargain either. I just cant believe sometimes how much tires cost. Its one of those purchases that just didn't ever seem like any kind of good deal.

I am quite pleased I went to 17's in the rear now. I finally am buying some pretty nice rubber at a lot more reasonable price. 315mm tires for 200 a piece feels great.

So strange. BMW owners have an abject phobia of using 17 inch wheels as if they were somehow inferior, when just the opposite is true when fitting 300mm plus tires in the rear. Big HP cars on other sites dont bat any eye when fitting wide 17's. It just so practical I cant believe all the resistance to doing it. There are even acceleration advantages to keeping the tire diameters small/short.

Last edited by Bdave; 07-20-2012 at 04:20 AM.
Bdave is offline   Reply With Quote