View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 11:58 PM   #155
trj

My Ride: 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by swordsman11868 View Post
trj,

I can't remember if the bracket bolt is attached to the frame or not. I wasn't under there long enough. But I think the filter needs to be secured some how to the frame/body. The reason I say that is that the bracket is very sturdy when it's bolted on but when it's released the filter has some play. So I assume the filter is designed to be held rigidly in place.

If it's not, it seems to me that it could wiggle loose and put stress on the fuel lines. Maybe a shop could just drill and tap another bolt and secure the bracket that way. Or even weld one onto the correct spot.

Talk to them. I'm sure they could come up with an easy solution.

GL
-Daniel
Yup, will do it soon. Its not my daily right now. I am driving a beater mazda 626 right now for sometime till I get the RTABs, RSM, OFHG and the CCV done. Once I DIY those, I am going to take it to a shop who can get that bolt out. And see what I can do to secure that bracket there.

It snapped clean right on the surface where it emerges from. So, I don't have any room to use any tools to get hold of it. I don't have a drill on hand while I was trying it