View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 10:55 AM   #98
jbeurotech
Regional Sponsor

My Ride: 2000 E46 with 254K
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashtwosix View Post
Yes? So u agree that there is a difference between OE vs OEM but u r the one that said "you went back to OEM BMW."
Victor Reinz is an OEM/OES to BMW.

In an older.and different thread u mentioned the same about VDO/Siemen fuel pump. This is strange since VDO is the OEM that makes bmw fuel pump.

Not trying to start drama but I think u had a bad technician that wasn't following SOP when replacing the fuel pump/vcg. That tech decided to.cover his track by blaming the parts and poor.QA/QC.

Also...I am sure the company reimbursed u (although at a discount rate) for.warranty repair. Therefore saying fixing stuff for.free is a bit of.a stretch

Btw...no need to educate me on oem vs oe. I already know the difference since I have been buying parts more often than the regular joes.

Sent from my PC36100 using Bimmer App
They do not reimburse labor..... So yes FREE. No my techs are following SOP. Victor rienz has a high failure rate on the E46 gaskets. This has been noted by the whole BIMRS.org group we pressured our main vender to carry Goetz gaskets for this reason. But I am sure you know the whole history and are a much better mechanic than we are. Victor Rienz DID not make the original BMW valve cover gasket. As for the VDO pumps I stand behind the statement. Maybe they improved quality but its not worth the risk to me.

Same with Febi Bilstien there cam sensors are wonderfull POS's

Seth Thorson
Service Manager/BMW Tech
JB Eurotech Service "Your Reasonable Dealer Alternative"

General Questions can be sent to appointment@jbeurotech.com

1. Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
2. Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
jbeurotech is offline   Reply With Quote