Thread: EML Light Issue
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 02:21 PM   #1
Sk8orkidd

My Ride: 2003 BMW 325ci
Exclamation EML Light Issue

I recently bought a 2003 325 ci with about 120k on it. I am a very mechanically inclined person, so I normally do all the work on my cars myself. I was driving the bimmer for about 6 hours after purchasing when the EML light turned on. I did a lot of forum research trying to figure out what it was. I took it to Advanced auto parts to have the codes run, and they told me it was the idle control valve. I took that out, cleaned it, replaced it. The EML light comes on, usually at lower speeds at this point, but turns off every time you shut the car off. it doesn't turn on when the car is sitting still, only when moving. I took it to a Eurosport shop then, and they told me the same thing, saying that the Idle control valve had thrown 261 error codes since the last reset. They said the best route was to replace the valve. I bought a new valve and just replaced it yesterday. About 24 hours later when going to lunch today, the EML light turns back on. I am rather confused on what this could be. If anyone else has this problem, maybe there is a common issue?
Sk8orkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.