View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 11:24 AM   #4551
trj

My Ride: 325Ci
Guys, do you know any machine shops who can tap threads by removing or drilling the existing piece of broken bolt.
I broke the bolt which holds the fuel filter bracket right off the chassis while trying to change the fuel filter some time ago. Half of the bolt is still there, the bolt broke off clean with the nut. Since I was not driving this car for sometime I just put it back with the outer cover holding the filter.
But now, I am planning to do a whole lot of DIY and drive it daily again I am thinking to tap a hole there and use any external bolt.

Got my CCV and OHFG kit ordered, along with z3 reinforcement plates for RSMs(I forgot when I ordered the RSMs) bumper brackets(my bumper is not fitting flush any more because of numerous encounters with the parking lot bumper stoppers).

Brandon, when would you be free to help me with the RTABs and RSMs, lol? I still need to get the reinforcement plates. I guess they will be here by saturday evening. Also, I still need to get that stripped DISA bolt out lol to do OFHG and CCV.
I think my VCG is leaking again, or I didn't tighten it well last time. Will order the outer gasket soon after I am done with these repairs first.

Oh god, will it ever be over...

Last edited by trj; 07-26-2012 at 11:42 AM.
trj is offline   Reply With Quote