08-01-2012, 02:04 PM
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Westchester, NY
My Ride: 335xi Deep Sea Blue
Based on what I've been quoted myself and what I've read on these maintenance repairs below in the red ink is what the normal prices are with labor and parts for what you repaired on your car:
- fuel service / tune up - not sure what this is-fuel injection cleaner - $10 or fuel filter - $100 or fuel pump - $200?
- all belts replaced - under $100
- brake fluid flushed - $80
- front right tie-rod replaced -under $100
- CV joint replaced - under $100
- control arm bushing replaced - $300
- alignment -ALWAYS free with replacement of tires or suspension parts
All the above should at MOST (if you did a full a fuel service-pump-filter-cleaner) should be equal to $990 parts and labor. Even if you are generous and say the labor was higher than average or you have an XI so parts cost more and you add $310 to the $990 to make it $1300 total then the shop still got at least $1000 for free from you!
I get angry when I see sh1t like this!
Originally Posted by Cobra
places you should NEVER take your e46:
fiirestone\bridgestone, meineke, midas, jiffy lube, pep boys, and some others that may be local to you guys or that i forgot. glad it all worked out, though
Glad to see it worked out!
Last edited by delmarco; 08-01-2012 at 02:09 PM.