View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 01:57 PM   #1
KnightD

My Ride: 2000 BMW 323i
Question Audiovox Mediabridge 1500 - Peculiar Issue

Hello all - I just recently purchased a 2000 323i sedan without a navigation system and without the Harmon Kardon system and subsequently purchased the MediaBridge for it to play music off my 4s.

The installation went off without a hitch after watching the BSW YouTube videos, however there is one issue that I cannot seem to work out. The music plays just fine with decent sound quality while in USB or Bluetooth mode, but the audio always seems to cut out after about 5-15 minutes after playing a brief tone.

I am not sure if this is the factory stereo making this tone or the mediabridge, but it is pretty annoying. If I press the CD button to switch to a CD and then again to switch back to the MediaBridge, it starts working again no problem. This tone also periodically goes off while listening to a CD, but does not make the same interruption.

As this is my first BMW and its sound system, as well as with a DICE/Audiovox product, I was hoping that someone might be able to offer me some suggestions. I have tried disconnecting the MediaBridge to reset it and I have made sure the firmware is up to date.

Any advice is welcome, thanks.
KnightD is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.