Just completed this repair on both my front windows. The DIY were very helpful.
I went with URO aftermarket regulators and installed the zip tie fix on them before I even installed them, just to ensure I dont have this problem in the future. Everything went together well. There is only one slight difference I noticed after the install: when I roll the windows down all the way the top of the window used to sit flush with the weather stripping. Now the window stays above the weather stripping by maybe 1/8". Not a big deal, just something I noticed. Its crossed my mind it might be due to the extra tension on the cable from the zip tie fix, or it could just be a difference between the OEM and URO regulators. Regardless, i've got working windows and I'm a happy camper