Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbimmer View Post
nope as in agree with me?
cuz != means NOT EQUAL TO.
oh I admit I did not catch that "!"
!(S54 + 330i = M3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
Right. That desirable powerband all at the top end. A lot of people would prefer it to be more of an even spread, which is what you would get with good FI. The ESS TS2 and Technique Tuning non-Ms would spank a relatively stock M.
The ESS TS2 is a great kit. But let's put this all in perspective.
That's a $7,000 kit that takes 8-10hrs labor costs.
You mention the S54 having mostly top end. Its actually rather a steady powerband. It also has a 8,2000 rev limit which is nicer to wind out and stay in gears longer. The twin screw is low-mid(which is good on the M54). with that low end power how does it get it to the ground? that'Ps correct, not much "spanking" going to happen with that open diff doing peg leg spins. so add another $3K-$4k for a LSD and subframe re-inforcement. then depending on the system, you may need an oil cooler for the engine.
So you're ~$12,000 in to whatever the car is worth. that's not even talking about stronger transmission, drive axles and clutch.