View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 04:54 PM   #32
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
I already mentioned the limited slip and subframe reinforcement. Tell me something I don't already know.
Besides the M3 still needs a similar subframe reinforcement. The Technique Tuning turbo E46s will walk you/spank you/kill you unless you've got serious motor work. That doesn't make a Turbo 330 a better car, but the M3 is no clear victor either.
*sorry i typed that earlier but took a phone call and by the time posted it you had already put another post in.
The M3 does not "need" this other subframe reinforcement. but yes they do still get fractures. the LS rear diff carrier design is more friendly to the subframe mounts. non-m + FI is a torn subframe..period.
A ESS, TT FI kit basically maxes out where the M3 starts. An M3 Stage1 91 octane HPF kit makes like 515 Hp. Now that's a base which will spank and thus humiliate where the M54 runs flat.
The S54 is such a better power plant than the M52/M54/M56 there is no comparison. There is a good reason it won the International Engine Award and Best Engine 3L-4L category six years in a row from 2001-2006. We're talking a completely street and 50 state smog legal engine that makes over 100Hp per liter.
oh and it makes it's maximum torque at 4900rpm which is not high compared to it's 8,000 rpm redline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
McSpeed reportedly repeatedly walked an E92 M3 up to 160+ with his turbo ZHP.
The M3 is a nice car and a package, but it can be beaten. A ZHP turbo is around 395hp and 385 lb ft of torque without getting into the motor. Technique Tuning is killer. Go look it up.
The TS2+ and TT E46s with limited slips are looking at taking cars like the E90 M3 more than the E46 M3; bigger fish to fry.
really you're gonna site one guys built turbo 330 against stock M3s. like i said, there are loads of HPF Turbo kits on M3s. where his is maxed out, those others are at the beginning stage of applicable engine improvements. look up HPF M3 Turbos. that mean little M54 won't be doing any fish frys, but rather get itself burned if it goes up against any M3 that have like mods.