View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 03:41 PM   #43
ac_2007

My Ride: 2004 M3, 2001 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post

Yes, I am condescending because this forum is full of regurgitated information. It comes from owners who have far too little experience regarding a given subject to really speak about it at all.

I disputed your /thread type of answer which is totally unfounded. You'll find the aftermarket companies that offer warranties are extremely limited and often disappointing, as modifying a used vehicle is a tricky business that the owners of these companies really should not assume responsibility for. You clearly know little to nothing about the kit, so don't act like you do.

I did not dispute what you said about the warranty. Research the merits of Nick G before equating his kit to something that came off of eBay.

BTW anything you have bought that was not OEM or OE BMW probably said "For offroad use only".
You may want to read more carefully, I equated the return policy to that of an eBay product, not the product itself.

As I already knew, achieving those HP figures requires internal work. Lo and behold, the kit includes plenty of hardware to address that. What's there to know about the kit that isn't already shown? The ECU re-programming would interest me the most.

You're probably disappointed I didn't look into Nick's family tree, thus you think I'm discrediting his product. Most car owners considering forced induction would place a warranty pretty high on their list of prerequisites for the kit, don't you think? Its automotive hardware, its not magically immune because a guy named Nick G put it together. You'll always have to live with that risk and liability.

The arguments I'm hearing from your side sound more like you're trying to justify modding your 330 instead of owning an M3. More power to you (pun intended). Your path isn't an end all, be all solution.