View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 10:10 PM   #45
Grande D

My Ride: Whiiiite BMW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_2007 View Post
You may want to read more carefully, I equated the return policy to that of an eBay product, not the product itself.

As I already knew, achieving those HP figures requires internal work. Lo and behold, the kit includes plenty of hardware to address that. What's there to know about the kit that isn't already shown? The ECU re-programming would interest me the most.

You're probably disappointed I didn't look into Nick's family tree, thus you think I'm discrediting his product. Most car owners considering forced induction would place a warranty pretty high on their list of prerequisites for the kit, don't you think? Its automotive hardware, its not magically immune because a guy named Nick G put it together. You'll always have to live with that risk and liability.

The arguments I'm hearing from your side sound more like you're trying to justify modding your 330 instead of owning an M3. More power to you (pun intended). Your path isn't an end all, be all solution.
The tuning would interest you the most? Why don't you do some FVCKING RESEARCH. This is not a new kit. The software has been covered. It is extremely solid. Nick G is also known for fixing bad FI tunes provided by companies like Downing Atlanta and VF. To reinforce the point (due to your lack of reading comprehension), the ~400hp version of the kit does NOT require internal work.

I am not justifying anything to myself, I made a choice. I sleep fine at night. Who knows, I may not even do the turbo. I decided against an M3 (though I could have one for the money I had for my car) for the aforementioned reasons. It really seems to shake you to the bone that I don't consider the M3 god, nor do I wish I had one every time I fire up my car.

I'm waiting for Alex to come back and for you to leave.

Stop wasting my goddamn time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trive2 View Post
You think maintenance costs on a 450hp forced-induction car without a completely built engine are going to be cheaper than maintaining an S54?

Good Luck.
Yes as a matter of fact I do. How much do you know about the S54? More than the costs, the sporadic and only semi-preventable failure of the vanos and potentially the motor scare me the most.
dont listen to these fuQ faces... just go to a junk yard and get a used complete left rear end. i cracked my left rear control arm on the highway because i was driving w/o shocks... lol! ***Was too busy caking on these bitches instead of taking care my car!***
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote