View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 02:54 PM   #12
scrace

My Ride: 03.5 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003silver330i View Post
I felt this way with my 2004 Cobra but that thing is long gone. When the repairs start on your M3 you may feel differently. I just bought my E46 in February and already have the thoughts of selling it. My current problems have been or are currently on-going:

I have to fill up the low coolant once a month...so something is leaking.
The power steering reservoir/line is leaking.
Passenger side and back doors won't unlock.
Fuel pump went out.
Blown drivers side back tire.
Bad front control arm bushings.
A/C started blown warm air today.
Bad passenger window regulator.
Windshield washer pump.
Headlight washer pump not working.

This all has started since February.
That's because you bought someones else's problems and you weren't prepared to spend $2000 after you bought the car. I bought a well taken care of 70k mile M3, I've spent in parts alone $1500 just to have all the maintenance done. Everything you listed is something I PLAN on having break at some point. Good news is that if you buy from getbmwparts.com you have a 2YR/Unlimited milage warranty on your new replacement parts...sounds like a great deal to me.

Meaning in the last 5000 miles (3 years, thats all it was driven), there has been new tires, rotors, brakes, clutch, guibo, tranny mounts & RTABs.

The previous owner probably never had a valve adjustment...18 were out of spec.

In the last 500 miles I've done coolant, rear diff change, cdv delete, 330d shifter, zhp knob, aux cable, fixed window regulator, upper radiator hose, oil change, vanos filter change, vanos sealing plate, fuel filter, cabin filter, air filter, cleaned MAF sensor, battery, spark plugs, windshield wipers and VCG.

I knew what I was getting myself into and picked my accordingly. I could have gotten one with 20-30k miles but I couldn't afford to do the proper maintenance.

On the bright side I will have a near brand new car for around $23k all said and done. Almost a 1/3 of the price new....and I will keep it until I die. I couldn't be happier. Ask me about my headaches in my 325 from the previous owner....

2001 Topaz Blue 325Ci 64-120k miles SOLD
2003.5 Silver Gray M3 70k miles

Last edited by scrace; 08-10-2012 at 02:57 PM.
scrace is offline   Reply With Quote