View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 02:01 PM   #13
My Ride: 03 BMW 330i
Originally Posted by scrace View Post
That's because you bought someones else's problems and you weren't prepared to spend $2000 after you bought the car. I bought a well taken care of 70k mile M3, I've spent in parts alone $1500 just to have all the maintenance done. Everything you listed is something I PLAN on having break at some point. Good news is that if you buy from you have a 2YR/Unlimited milage warranty on your new replacement parts...sounds like a great deal to me.

Meaning in the last 5000 miles (3 years, thats all it was driven), there has been new tires, rotors, brakes, clutch, guibo, tranny mounts & RTABs.

The previous owner probably never had a valve adjustment...18 were out of spec.

In the last 500 miles I've done coolant, rear diff change, cdv delete, 330d shifter, zhp knob, aux cable, fixed window regulator, upper radiator hose, oil change, vanos filter change, vanos sealing plate, fuel filter, cabin filter, air filter, cleaned MAF sensor, battery, spark plugs, windshield wipers and VCG.

I knew what I was getting myself into and picked my accordingly. I could have gotten one with 20-30k miles but I couldn't afford to do the proper maintenance.

On the bright side I will have a near brand new car for around $23k all said and done. Almost a 1/3 of the price new....and I will keep it until I die. I couldn't be happier. Ask me about my headaches in my 325 from the previous owner....
That is a strong statement to say you will keep it until you die. As you get older your priorities and tastes will change. The M3 is a nice car but it is not the be all and end all of current and future sports cars.
2003silver330i is offline   Reply With Quote