View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 05:30 PM   #5
scrace

My Ride: 03.5 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
Nice writeup. Although those trim pieces can just be carefully pried out with a screwdriver (to start it in one corner) and your fingers the rest of the way. or hell, i've done it using just my fingers before. no damage. so this $32 plug plugs into the back where the CD changer would plug into correct? I have a DICE installed in my car for when I used to have an iphone... but now that I have no iphone... it's just a very expensive AUX port. I should have done this.. much cheaper and simpler... only thing is you cant charge your iphone/ipod as seamlessly...
This is what I had before in my 325 (didn't have the mode button on my head unit)

http://www.amazon.com/FlexSMART-Tran...fm+transmitter

It charges the unit and plays over bluetooth, only have to plug the unit in to charge, it's wireless playing from there. The quality is pretty good...I'm hoping the AUX will be better which is the only reason I'm going this route...if I don't like this I'm going to get a DICE unit.

I bought the micro 2 usb charger and I hope that will work, I read somewhere that you can't charge and play through the AUX at the same time with some units, I haven't driven my car since I did this install so if it doesn't charge while playing I'll have to figure out a solution. (I have an iPhone 4s)

$30 for the cable really isn't bad, I know it works and I don't have any interest at the moment to make one myself. It could not have been an easier DIY.

2001 Topaz Blue 325Ci 64-120k miles SOLD
2003.5 Silver Gray M3 70k miles
scrace is offline   Reply With Quote