View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 07:20 PM   #1
Tim13E46

My Ride: 2003 M3
My first 2003 M3 SMG

What's goin on everyone? I recently sold my 2005 325i and just bought my first M3 with 61k miles. Im on deployment and bought it from another vet for something new to come back to and kind of reward myself since I'll be getting out soon. I had it inspected and the mechanic said the front bushings were bad, it needed the door lock actuator and it needed a new battery. Now... I don't normally say very much on the forums, as I just try to read and learn from other people, but I had a funny feeling that there was no WAY that was all the maintenance issues. So I had my uncle take a look at it since he's all kinds of certs and he's a master mechanic. Here's what's been done so far: poly urethane front control arm bushings, drivers door lock actuator, spark plug hole gasket, valve cover gasket, spark plugs, and battery. Also discovered that an oil change was recently done... With the wrong oil. I figured if they went cheap on oil, they probably went cheap on other fluids as well. So, he flushed everything out for me and put in all the good ish. Now I also understand preventative maintenance as it's an old vehicle. Vanos should be inspected, as well as the sub frame by BMW. How do I know if my car has/needs the rod bearing recall?
Anyways, all of that is being looked into. What about when I replace the cooling system. Should I go oem? Or is the ecs tuning system better? What else should I look into? I want it damn near perfect when I get back.
Tim13E46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.