View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 01:29 PM   #116
E36Eric

My Ride: E36
Send a message via AIM to E36Eric
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFan86 View Post
I am rooted and run a custom Rom but have the clock speed and everything stock. I did remove all the junk that runs all the time, so that improves battery life for sure. To compare apples to apples, Rooted ReZound battery life VS Rooted S3 the S3 was NOTICEABLY better.

I ran my phone stock for a few days and was totally blown away at the battery life. The LTE modem is a lot more efficient on the S3 than the ReZound and the super AMOLED screen is more efficient. My Rezound screen used to get really hot when watching movies or playing games and I NEVER experience that with the s3. I can play a graphically intensive video game for 2 hours and only lose maybe 5% of battery life. Streaming Pandora for multiple hours does very little to battery.

If you are really concerned about the battery, they do sell larger capacity batteries that retain the NFC of the stock S3. I can point you in the right direction if you need one.

WiFi works fine, but I rarely use it as I am on unlimited data and have LTE everywhere I go. Funny you mention the ReZound issue, I just read that a TON of customer complaints are going to Verizon for similar issues after that update.
On ICS, isn't there a way to disable the bloatware? It's still going to be there but it just wont run in the background, I think. I've done this to a couple of apps in the settings of my phone. I'm not sure if it does anything or if it saves battery. Its good to hear that the S3 is more effecient in power management than the Rezound. When I was on ginger bread, I was able to choose "economy" mode, now ICS doesn't have that and I have to tweak the animation scale and lower the display brightness a lot so that the screen doesn't hog up all the power. The S3 is just sitting here looking pretty and I really want to activate it now. I'm still waiting for the protective case I ordered before I use it. This phone looks so thin and fragile compared to my rezound with the fat extended battery pack. I'm going to run the S3 for a few days and see how the battery is but I'm definitely interested in the extended battery for it.