08-19-2012, 01:48 PM
Join Date: Jan 2006
My Ride: ESS TS2 320ci
Let's trace my uneven braking problem
As title says, under light braking, the car feels as it has warped rotors. But, I'm not sure if this is the case because I am getting contradicting evidence:
- Issue started after a track day, however I did let the car cool down (2 laps without braking).
- I did the "rust" test on the rotors; sprayed them with water, let them rust and moved the car around. The traces of the pad against the rust are even throughout (the contradicting evidence)
- All 4 calipers are reconditioned (new seals, new fluid), pads are Axxis ultimate
- Rotors are way above minimum thickness, brand zimmermann
- When I brake, steering tends to turn around 4-5 degrees to the left
- Tires have around 5000miles on them, Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric II
- 4-wheel alignment done 15000 miles ago
What am I missing? Could I have just destroyed my rotors during the track day? Something else that is related to the left steering?
Attached some pictures of the "rust test"