View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 12:44 PM   #8
DHK

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean | KHOALTY, Inc View Post
Kenneth, we had already discussed this privately, but apparently you were unhappy with the results.

Our entire website is built off of customer feedback, for how long we've had the bumper, and how many we've sold, we have not had a single piece of feedback matching yours. The graphic will be updated.

No. It's not false advertising, it's a mistake on a graphic, which had never been brought to our attention before. Like we had already told you, if you're so upset to throw accusations in public about us that we are 'false advertising', return the bumper.

If you really feel 'cheated'; return it. It's hard to 'cheat' a customer when you're offering them a refund, I don't see any way that this thread will benefit you or us in any way.

If anyone wants to tell me how this is false advertising, and that we are blatantly cheating our customers, I'm open to hear how and why, and what we can do to change it aside from changing this single graphic on the product page: sales@khoalty.com

To me, false advertising is listing a product in multiple places for 119.99, but when you go to order it, there is not a configurable product of that style for 119.99, you HAVE to add either 50 or 35 depending on what option you select. There is no 'no thanks' option, you HAVE to add one of those price increasing options. Why list it for 119.99 if there is not a possible way to actually order that product for anywhere near 119.99? This is what our competition does, to me, that's much above this mistake which will be fixed likely before anyone else reads this post, obviously I can't fix your screen shot, but the site will be changed.
No offense but no one knew who he bought it from until you posted. And he hardly called you a cheat, he merely stated that he felt cheated, and not in money way, in a being deceived way.

It is certainly not false advertising, but surely you can relate to receiving something you thought you wanted and then finding out its not what you thought it was. Surely it is an honest mistake but, to me this seems like a logical way to gauge weather or not his feeling that he was misled is reasonable.

Maybe he could have worded the thread name in a better way but I don't think you need to get all defensive about it, fix your diagram and offer him a refund. Hell, maybe offer him 20 bucks in credit or something, but coming in here on your high horse defending your name doesn't really make you look all that great either.

False advertising has to be willful this was an honest mistake, but that doesn't make it any less misleading.

Last edited by DHK; 08-20-2012 at 12:46 PM.
DHK is offline   Reply With Quote