Thread: Car Kracker
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 05:53 PM   #90
CSL323

My Ride: '06 320Ci SpecialEd
Send a message via Skype™ to CSL323
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcclana View Post
@CSL - I'm adding more debugging on the next release, so we can see what's keeping the MKIV from picking up the CD changer. LED's will be handled in a separate process to improve notification.

As for navcoder, I use it all the time - just set your Kracker to diagnostic mode. When you open Navcoder, select the Com port the Kracker is on. I've used it from the ibus (trunk) and OBDC.
Would love to have this working by next week if possible! Getting tired of burning so many CDs and tearing apart my trunk everyday so I might wait it out 'till it's confirmed we have a relation between the Kracker and MKIV unit.

As for diagnostic mode, I tried booting up the Kracker with P6 held down, and after a small time of holding it, P6 and P5 (I think) light up blue. I would imagine that this means DIAGNOSTIC MODE but when I do a scan on my MKIV, it returns saying that every unit is unresponsive even with ignition on.

I'm using COM3 at the moment and have set them to that. On NAVCODER I found it strange how it would say sleep until I refreshed in which it'd say idle.

It was really satisfying being able to turn up my radio from the trunk though

2006 BMW 320Ci Special Edition
CSL323 is offline   Reply With Quote