View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 09:56 PM   #82
SamDoe1

My Ride: Clubs baby seals
Quote:
Originally Posted by john311tran View Post
i talked to my mechanic today. really trustworthy local guy and always takes care of me if i don't have time to do the work myself. he quoted me 150 for the fronts and 75 for the rears to do all shocks, struts etc. he said to take the car to townfair near us because they have a 150k machine and the guys at that shop are not nitwits like the other townfairs..

thoughts on 225 for labor for 4 shocks? i'm guessing it'll take me a full day to do all 4. first time with this car. not to mention the springs are a pain in the rear to compress without the machine.

john
$225 to install everything is a steal, I'd do it if you trust the guy.

Quote:
where are you guys going to buy koni shocks and ebauch springs? i'm not finding them on tire rack or pelican
Tire Rack has everything you need for Koni and Eibach, check that place out.

Quote:
http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-325...Kits/ES252806/

can anyone tell me the diff between this set and a ebauch spring with koni shocks? ride quality etc? there really needs to be an informative thread about this stuff once and for all and have it stickied!

john
This has been discussed 7 billion times, maybe even in this thread. H&R springs will have a more harsh ride than Eibach. Shocks and struts do not factor into ride quality that much. Difference between Bilstein and Koni is adjustable vs non adjustable and cost.

Please search for such routine questions.

Quote:
Based on the application guide, no. The under body panels on RWD and AWD cars are different therefore this should not fit all E46 cars anyway.
SamDoe1 is online now   Reply With Quote