Thread: Average MPG??
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 01:26 PM   #26
swordsman11868

My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by edz2003 View Post
To be honest it's been off and On but I dropped from 19.8 mpg to 18.8 recently and don't know how and I feel the car drives heavy. So I've changed the sparks 4 months ago, airfilter is a k&n and took it out and it's not dirty at all I had bought the kit to clean it! I replaced my fuel filter and fuel pump last year after it gave up on me. I have been experiencing some idel issues so wondering if injectors are to blame? Have not replaced them. It's eating up gas like a truck!
I've been reading up on the Intake Cam Position Sensor. Just wondering if you have any starting issues? Like it cranks but doesn't start the first time. But the second time it starts?

I'm having that problem and I just noticed a little bit of oil on my intake CPS. I guess it's a failing O-ring that's letting oil leak out.

I've read other people have issues without generating any codes and one issue was gas mileage. I've noticed that my gas mileage is less than it was even a few months ago by about 3-4 mpg.

Anyway, it's just a suggestion. These cars seem to be very finely tuned and if only one tiny part is beginning to fail there can be a multitude of symptoms...