View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 02:07 PM   #56
smolck

My Ride: 2004 ZHP Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
I understand it's your feeling but it's simply not true. There's too many other variables as well as "placebo" effect which would make one thing "Yeah! this turns sharper!" Remember there's nothing magical about a control arm. It's simply a piece of metal that keeps the wheel stationary on its axis relative to the subframe. The only variable is the bushing.

Are you saying a ZHP bushing (which is just a plain old E46 66mm bushing) is sturdier or more solid than a Meyle HD bushing? That's the only variable here with respect to "feel"

I've also installed tons of control arm sets on E30/E36/E46/E39 (thrust arms) and owned 7 BMWs with over 200,000 actual driving miles. I'm from LA--we drive a lot here.
Whatever Mango, you know everything, nobody else has anything to offer ever. I am sure that BMW made ZHP control arms the exact same as everyone else and that is why they are made differently.

How can you say it ISN'T true?

Just as I believe it is true the ZHP arm is better than Meyle, you believe they aren't. OK, so now what? You continue to bang your war drum and call me wrong, but I continue to say I am right.

As far as your last comment, ok you have owned a bunch of BMW's. My last E46 had 254k ACTUAL DRIVEN miles on it, so what? My current ZHP has 161k miles, so what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
Are you saying a ZHP bushing (which is just a plain old E46 66mm bushing) is sturdier or more solid than a Meyle HD bushing? That's the only variable here with respect to "feel"
I am saying the outer ball joint on the ZHP arm is sturdier than the outer joint on any other brand. This gives a direct feel of a more sharp and responsive turn in. As for the CAB's themselves (not part of the discussion here) I have a LOT of evidence that the Lemforder made bushings are superior to the Meyle. I would list my reasons and experience, but you'd just tell me I am wrong about that too.

Check my Youtube channel for DIY's and fun stuff
http://www.youtube.com/user/flipfinish?feature=mhee

Last edited by smolck; 08-29-2012 at 02:09 PM.
smolck is offline   Reply With Quote