View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 12:03 AM   #144
cd330
ModZombie Moderator

My Ride: manual stl gry 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD 328I View Post
Earthquakes? I always hear my buddies from out of state talk about earthquakes. You know what an earthquake feels like? About once a year, you will probably be sitting down watching TV and you'll feel some light shaking that last 5 seconds. Then you spend the rest of the day asking people if they felt it. Half won't have a clue to what you're talking about. That's about it.

There are those rare occasions when actual damage or casualties occur, but they are far in between. When I think of the constant flooding, hurricanes, and tornadoes everywhere else, I'm not worried about earthquakes.

However, it you want to talk about fires, that's another story.
when I first moved here almost 15 years ago I was so freaked out about them....and when I experienced my first one I was freaked for all of about a minute.

I have felt like three in the last month in OC ... Hell 2 of those happened at work during conference calls and the reactions were "earthquake...., ok moving along, so...."

Grew up in Houston. I fear the destruction of hurricanes, tornadoes and fires much more .

Last edited by cd330; 08-30-2012 at 12:04 AM.
cd330 is offline   Reply With Quote