Thread: RIP e46
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 05:38 PM   #45
Jonshmoe

My Ride: (GONE)
Send a message via AIM to Jonshmoe Send a message via MSN to Jonshmoe Send a message via Skype™ to Jonshmoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by trj View Post
I consider e92 for a daily, but if it was a weekend car definitely the M3 would be my choice. Even the 328s are not bad, they have more power than our 330s. If you are worried about snow then get an x-drive.
Heck, even test drive the 1-series.

These cars are more money up front, but they are newer as well and possibly less abused and need less maintenance. Many carry factory or extended warranty so the maintenance would not be an issue up front. Also being newer it will carry the resale value much further than our cars.

I can imagine selling my car for 4k-5k in next 2 years even though I have bought it for a lot more and put a so much more in maintenance. So, if its time for an upgrade I would definitely look for a newer model unless there is something you really dont like about that car.

I am torn between two cars for an upgrade as well though. A jag XKR or the e92. But both will have to wait till I am done with my school and get a career job I want.

I love the 1 series but just do not see it as affordable. 328i has a decent amount of power and my mom and sis both got theirs in great condition at bargain price and I just dont care for it. I'll probably pick up a M3 for a couple years than move on once I get into my career