View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 07:32 AM   #5
Tb151

My Ride: 2008 Range Rover FF
Send a message via AIM to Tb151
Yeah, I think we'd get along well too! How did you like the pre-mixed grout? I read all of the "experts" say that you should steer clear of it and its better to mix your own. I even returned the one I bought and then bought the powdered stuff to do mine. Also, isn't dry fitting the tile just so important but such a pain in the ass?! I was using Travertine and of course broke a few tiles stepping on them or putting a knee on one when I was just doing the dry fit. PITA!

Yes the hardibacker is tough to work with but it's supposed to pay off in the long run. I heard that you really need a diamond blade.

You have some serious guts drilling into the cement floors, I think that may be where I draw the line. That would scare the bejeezus out of me for sure. All in all, very impressive craftsmanship overall, and I'm hugely impressed.

Edit: Also, what company did you get the closet organizer from? I ordered one of the John Louis sets and am about to put it in my sons closet. I like the looks of yours.

Last edited by Tb151; 08-31-2012 at 07:42 AM.
Tb151 is offline   Reply With Quote