View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 01:00 AM   #1
drift.mechanic

My Ride: E46 323i
Plasti Dip for the quebec winter?

Unfortunately, it looks like I'll be driving my baby this winter. I hate the idea because she is mint, inside and out.

So I had an idea, the subframe is being reinforced in the fall so I'll be gravel guarding and painting the undercarriage. I've done this before and in the spring, there are no signs of winter anywhere.

Ok so that takes care of underneath. But the body is pristine. So I thought of plasti dipping the whole outside of the car in a matte white or matte black to help repel the salt and road grime from the winter, and in the spring after the roads are all swept, peel it off.

What's your thoughts? I haven't used plasti dip yet, people either love it or hate it with a passion.

Remember this is a temporary thing for about 5 months or so. It will get rinsed regularly during the winter but not washed. I just want to keep it as clean as possible.

Scenario 2, I just say "f$"k it" and don't do the dip, come spring, treat it to a carbon hood, csl bumper kit, and paint.

The plasti dip is a fraction of the cost of the hold and bumper option. And any penny pinching for the next 6 months would be great seeing I just got possession of my new house after a separation (that cost me a bundle too).

Thanks for the opinions guys
drift.mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.